Last week I blogged about the statistics of younger women developing Breast Cancer. Survival rates are worse when compared to older women that are pre or postmenopausal. According to the University of Columbia, 95% of cancers are due to diet and the accumulation of toxins. Eating clean and staying away from the S.A.D. (Standard America Diet) was discussed.
This week, I will focus on Essential #2, Reduce your Toxic Exposure.
Is it really possible to reduce our toxic exposure in this polluted world? Absolutely! There are many things that you have control over and there are specific detoxification protocols that will help you reduce your toxicity.
Let’s look at the toxic overload from a macro level to a micro level:
About 10 years ago, the CDC conducted a study of saliva and urine on over 2000 subjects from all over the US. They found that the average person had 212 toxic chemicals in their body! Think about the strain those 212 chemicals must put on the body’s detoxification systems!
1.) Environmental Toxins – many of these are hormone disruptors and estrogen mimickers
- Dioxins from municipal waste plants and paper mills
- Volatile Organo compunds (VOC’s) in tap water and dry cleaning fluids
- Phthalates from plastics and perfumes
- Pesticides and herbicides
- PCB’s from plastics and farm raised salmon
2.) Household Toxins – your home should be a sanctuary for your body to heal.
The average household has over 1000 toxic chemicals looming in the air. Take a look at the following and replace them with non-toxic versions, or simply use vinegar and water.
- Floor and carpet cleaners
- Dishwasher detergent
- Clothing detergent
- Bathroom cleaners
- Artificial candles and sprays
“Cancer is a preventable disease that requires major lifestyle changes”, The American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists.
3.) Cosmetic toxins – the average person is exposed to 126 chemicals per day through their body care products
- Antiperspirants contain Aluminum which is a metallo-estrogen and mimics estrogen
- Sunscreens contain cancer causing chemicals. Proper exposure to the sun does not cause cancer.
- Parabens are preservatives used in most skin care products that mimic estrogen. They are found in cancerous tumors.
- Hair dyes are loaded with cancer causing chemicals
4.) Internal Toxins
Your body metabolizes and filters out toxins through the liver, kidneys, colon and lungs. When there is an overload of toxins in the body, the detoxification pathways can become overloaded and sluggish. The following pathogens can also add a toxic burden to your body and compromise your Immune System:
- Yeasts and Candida
Electromagnetic pollution (EMF) may be the most significant form of pollution human activity has produced in this century!” ~ Dr. Andrew Weil
We are surrounded by a sea of because of cell towers, cell phones, computers, WI-FI, satellite and radio waves.
- EMF’s cause DNA damage.
- Neurological damage
- Compromised Immune System
- Reduced sperm count
- Reduced melatonin production
- Weakens the thyroid
So what’s a girl supposed to do about all those toxins? Slowly eliminate them one at a time.
- Stop using plastic containers and plastic water bottles
- Use water and shower filters in your home
- Don’t eat farm raised fish
- Avoid meats that have any type of hormones and antibiotics
- Start reading labels and don’t purchase products that have chemicals in them
- Use organic and clean body care products
- Talk to an integrative doctor that can help you detox and eliminate the parasites and yeasts.
- Protect yourself from Electro-pollution with scientifically based products
Live consciously. Choose wisely. Make informed decisions about your health. Be proactive with prevention in order to insure that Breast Cancer, or any cancer for that matter, will not have the potential to develop in your body.
“Dr. Veronique Desaulniers, better known as Dr. V, is the founder of The 7 Essentials System ™, a step-by-step guide that teaches you exactly how to prevent and heal Breast Cancer Naturally. To get your F.R.E.E. 7 day mini e-course, and to receive her weekly action steps and inspiring articles on the power of Natural Medicine, visit https://breastcancerconqueror.com/.”