There is a reason that chlorella is named a superfood. Despite its single-celled status, this fresh water algae is so rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes and polysaccharides that it’s a must-add to your healing regimen. Let Food Be Your Medicine (Essential #1), especially as you focus on Reducing Your Toxic Exposure (Essential #2).
How super is chlorella? It’s pretty close to being the perfect natural multi-vitamin and mineral supplement especially because the body assimilates it easily. Research shows that chlorella:
- Delivers ten times the beta carotene of carrots and is a particularly high source of vitamin B-12
- Offers 17 times the nucleic concentration of sardines, which is good for anti-aging and rejuvenation
- Contains more chlorophyll per gram than any other plant, which increases oxygenation and helps provide magnesium to the body
- Includes polysaccharides that are shown to be essential in boosting the immune system and the ability for cells to communicate (in particular the presence of any rogue cells)
- Has a fibrous wall, which helps chelate to toxins in the blood stream and gut and move them out of the body
- Can improve cellular glutathione levels and detoxify the cells of free-radicals
Chlorella helps detox heavy metals
As you can see, there are so many things for women on a preventive or healing journey to like about chlorella. The reason that I recommend adding it to your daily regimen is because it helps purify the blood by gently detoxing the toxic heavy metals that we’re exposed to all the time.
This is particularly important because high levels of metals (such as iron, nickel, chromium, copper, mercury and lead) are related to Breast Cancer tumor growth.
Detoxification is related to the fiber in chlorella and its ability to bind with toxins in the blood stream and gut. Research shows that the chlorophyll increases your cellular glutathione, one of the most potent cellular detoxifiers that is manufactured inside your cells.
Next steps: Supersize your cancer-fighting nutrients
If you decide to add chlorella to your healing journey, it’s important to choose the very highest quality that you can find, which is produced in Japan. The best forms should never be freeze-dried and should have no additives or preservatives (of course!).
It should be taken daily with your meals and ideally combined with a probiotic because research shows that the detox effect is enhanced when correct levels of beneficial bacteria are present. It may take up to three months to reap the full benefits so consistency is important.
Dr. Veronique Desaulniers, better known as Dr. V, is the founder of The 7 Essentials System ™, a step-by-step guide that teaches you exactly how to prevent and heal Breast Cancer Naturally. To get your F.R.E.E. 7 day mini e-course, and to receive her weekly action steps and inspiring articles on the power of Natural Medicine, visit https://breastcancerco.wpengine.com/.