I love what I do and do what I love. Everyday opens new doors and exciting revelations on how to improve my health and the health of those of you who read this newsletter. An exciting new discovery for me was leaning about Matcha Green Tea. Because of the health benefits of green tea, I have been a regular 2-3 cup/day green tea drinker. Having now learned about the power of Matcha Green Tea, I will feel even better knowing that I am feeding my body with proven anti-cancer nutrients.
The benefits of green tea have been known for decades. But now a super green tea that has slowly emerged from Japan called Matcha is gaining more and more attention. Matcha is cultivated by local farmers using traditional methods, from growing to grinding. It has traditionally been used to flavor and dye foods such as green tea ice cream and soba noodles.
In 2003, the University of Colorado published a report about the potency and concentration of EGCG, a powerful anti-oxidant found in green tea. The researchers found that Matcha green tea contained up to 137 times more EGCG than regular green tea.
Here are few of the amazing benefits of EGCG in Matcha Green Tea, specifically about Breast Cancer. There are countless studies that demonstrate the power of EGCG as an effective Tumor Terminator. Here are just a few:
- Suppresses inflammation and aggressive estrogen mediators in breast tissue.
- Causes Breast Cancer cells to die
- Suppresses the new blood flow that feeds Breast Cancer tumor
- Reverses epigenetic changes and prevents DNA damage that is often seen in Breast Cancer
- Suppresses stem cell production in human Breast Cancer
Aside from being a Cancer Buster, Matcha Green Tea hosts a number of other health benefits.
- It is a powerful Anti-oxidant powerhouse, boasting a higher ORAC score than blueberries and pomegranate.
- It contains 5 times more L-Theanine compared to other green teas, an amino acid that creates alpha waves in the brain that induces relaxation.
- Matcha has been shown to improve physical endurance up to 24%.
- It boosts metabolism and burns fat.
- The chlorophyll in the green tea detoxifies heavy metals and toxic chemicals.
- One glass of Matcha is equivalent to 10 glasses of green tea in terms of its nutritional value and anti-oxidant content.
- Matcha is packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, tocopherols, carotenoids, selenium, zinc, chromium, and manganese.
- Believe it or not, this tea is high in soluble and insoluble fiber, which is great for your colon and cholesterol levels.
To learn more about this powerful anti-oxidant tea, visit The Matcha Source. It has wonderful articles and information on how to brew this amazing drink