CurcumaSorb provides the patented Meriva® curcumin-phosphatidylcholine complex for enhanced absorption and bioavailability. The proprietary phytosome technology combines curcumin and phosphatidylcholine at a 1:2 ratio promoting resistance to degradation in the digestive tract and efficient absorption across membranes. This produces significantly higher peak plasma concentrations and larger area under concentration-time curves (AUC). In a single-dose pharmacokinetic animal study, plasma curcumin levels were 20-fold greater with Meriva® than standard curcumin. A preliminary human pharmacokinetic study demonstrated that elevations in plasma curcumin from 450 mg Meriva® were similar to values obtained from 4,000 mg of a standard curcumin extract. The efficacy of a low dose was demonstrated in a 3-month clinical trial, in which 200 mg curcuminoids from Meriva® per day maintained healthy C-reactive protein levels and provided significant benefit in joint comfort, mobility and quality of life.
- Amount Per Serving
- one vegetarian capsule contains:
- Meriva® turmeric phytosome250 mg.
- (Curcuma longa extract (root) and phospholipid complex)
- (standardized to contain 18% curcuminoids)
- other ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- Contains soy
- 2–6 capsules per day, in divided doses, between meals.