Warm-up your body and senses this winter with a zesty and hearty chicken soup! Lemons are overflowing with vitamin C and soluble fiber. Dill is an excellent choice of herb for preventing infections and insomnia. Double or triple the recipe to make it big batches for meal prepping or serving to a crowd. Bon Appetit!
- 3 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 onion; diced
- 3 carrots; sliced
- 3 stalks celery; sliced
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 4 cups organic chicken bone broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 14 ounces fresh cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup fresh dill; chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Heat grapeseed oil over medium heat in a large soup pot
- Add onions, carrots, and celery and sauté until beginning to soften
- Add nutritional yeast, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, broth, water, and chicken breasts
- Bring to a simmer and cover the pot. Simmer until chicken is cooked through- about 15-20 minutes
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and add the cauliflower to the soup. Shred the chicken and add back to the broth. Allow simmering until veggies are tender.
- Add baby spinach, dill, and lemon juice
- Allow cooking until chicken is heated through and seasonings combined just a few minutes
- Serve with a lemon slice, fresh parsley or dill, and salt and pepper to taste- enjoy!