Delicious, full-filling, and energizing peanut butter ice cream bars?! AND without the toxic preservatives, chemicals, artificial “sugars,” or “unknown” ingredients that could be found in similar bars at the grocery store, or even the “health foods” aisle? I mean, does it really get any better?! Sign me up!
Let’s be honest; we all need a little something to sweeten up our days! These peanut butter ice cream bars are a decadent pile of bananas, coconut milk, chocolate chips, peanut or almond butter, and vanilla that call your name––and taste buds!
- 2 large bananas
- 1/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup GMO-free organic Peanut Butter (or sub-Almond Butter)
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder  (or sub-plant-based protein powder )
- Vanilla Stevia drops to taste
- 3/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (I used Lily’s Semi-Sweet Chips)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Chopped peanuts or flaky sea salt for topping
- Peel bananas and break apart into 2-3 inch pieces; place in freezer until frozen
- Blend all ice cream ingredients until smooth and there are no clumps
- Pour ice cream mixture into an 8×4 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Freeze ice cream mixture for about 4 hours or until set
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in saucepan slowly, do not boil but melt on low until liquid
- Remove ice cream mixture from freezer and cut with a knife into desired bar size
- Using a toothpick, or your fingers! dip bars into chocolate to coat, place on a parchment-covered baking sheet
- Top with chopped peanuts or sea salt and place in freezer for a few minutes until chocolate sets
- Continue to store in the freezer and enjoy!