This Moroccan spiced salmon recipe is wonderful on its own; however, adding the salmon to the Roasted Cruciferous Tzaziki Bowl makes it a meal you will truly look forward to. In fact, invite your friends over and make it a feast of delectable, cancer-fighting goodness! Eating healthy should never be dull and boring. Adding the right mix and ingredients and spices can truly make it a euphoric experience.
This Moroccan spiced salmon is swimming in omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DGA) and potassium. This powerful combo revs up your brain and heart health while also providing essential breast cancer-fighting nutrients such as selenium and B vitamins. Lastly, ALWAYS make sure to buy wild-caught salmon that is tested for mercury and heavy metals. I buy from Safe Catch and never put dyes, additives, GMOs, etc., in their fish. Please click here for more salmon recipes.
- 2 wild-caught salmon fillets
- 1 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place salmon on paper towels and pat to get as dry as possible- allow to rest for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, mix spices together in a small mixing bowl
- Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper, rub the non-skinned side with the spices, massage, and push into the salmon so it sticks
- Cook salmon in a skillet for 3-4 minutes per side, starting with skin side down. Flip carefully to keep the spices on.
- Enjoy on its own or paired with a tzatziki sauce