No need to pack your bags, but eating this soothing and scrumptious Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai will make you feel like your body has been transported to a tropical healing vacation in Thailand. You are on a vibrant health and healing journey, and your meals should be part of the new joy you are experiencing in restoring your mind, body, and soul. Click here for more delicious Dr. V-approved recipes.
Each ingredient in my Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai is strategically for its abundance of nutrients. For example, the sauce is made with ginger and garlic, essential for chemo and immune system support. Bell peppers and spaghetti squash are loaded with vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber.
To top off the soothing and healing experience, pair it with one of my favorite teas. Enjoy!
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 white onion, sliced thin
- 4 green onions, chopped keeping whites separated from the green
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup mung beans
- 1 large bunch cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Onion powder
- 2 eggs, whisked
For the Sauce:
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- A few drops of stevia to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sriracha
- Juice of one lime
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce together and set aside
- Chop chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Heat a large pot or wok over high heat and heat up avocado oil or coconut oil
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and onion powder and add to the pan, cook until cooked through then remove from pan
- Add a little more oil to the pan and add white onion and whites from the green onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant
- Add bell pepper, green onions, and carrots and saute for a few minutes then add egg in and stir and cook for 2-3 minutes until the egg is cooked and scrambled
- Add spaghetti squash and sauce into the pan and mix, then add the chicken back into the pan and mix well
- Turn off the heat and add in mung beans or sprinkle mung beans on top
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!