Make in a big batch and munch on this flavorful, detoxing, and fulfilling meal throughout the week! Brussel sprouts are rich in sulfur, nutrients, vitamin C, and manganese which are essential for both phases I and II detoxification. Garlic combats the common cold and heavy metals—so don’t hold back! Cheers!
- 2 lbs Brussel sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 5 drops of unflavored stevia
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Juice of one lime
- 5 cloves of garlic (more if you want!), minced
- 1-2 small red chilies (depending on how spicy you want it), diced
- One small bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
- In a large skillet melt oil and then add Brussel sprouts
- Sauté Brussel sprouts, stirring regularly until tender. You can leave the lid on the skillet to help them tenderize quicker.
- Add the red chilis to the skillet and cook for a few minutes until fragrant
- While Brussel sprouts cook, combine cayenne, fish sauce, water, stevia, rice vinegar, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, and mint in a small bowl. Mix
- Add sauce to the skillet and toss Brussels with sauce, continue to cook until well combined
- Serve with fresh mint and cilantro as garnish if desired and enjoy!