Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable and a great source of many nutrients and antioxidants. Although Cauliflower is not a vegetable you would normally find in a Mexican dish when looking to cut back on carbs and grains it can be the perfect choice as a replacement for rice. The spices in this recipe help to give it that authentic Mexican taste and the Caulirice gives it a healthy flair. Bon Appétit!
For the CauliRice:
1 head of cauliflower riced
1 lb ground turkey (optional, leave out for a vegetarian or vegan option)
1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
Generous dash of chipotle chili powder
1 large or 2 small red bell peppers diced
1 yellow onion diced
4 cloves of garlic minced
1 BPA free can of chopped green chilis
1 jalapeño pepper; seeds removed and minced
1/2 bunch of cilantro for garnish
Sliced lime for garnish
For the Creamy Guacamole:
3 ripe avocados
2 cloves garlic minced
1-2 tbsp jalapeno peppers minced
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 bunch of cilantro minced
1. Prepare the Creamy Guacamole by mixing all of the ingredients together and mashing the avocados a bit to make creamy. Adjust seasoning to taste and set aside in the fridge.
2. Heat skillet over medium to low heat and add ground turkey. Sprinkle all of the spices on top of the turkey and continue to mix until browned. (For vegan or vegetarian option, leave out turkey and add the spices to the next step)
3. Once the turkey is browned, add onion and red pepper and cook about 45 seconds, until softened
4. Add in chopped green chilis, garlic, and jalapeño pepper and continue to cook another 45 seconds or so until heated through.
5. Add in the riced cauliflower, stir to coat and then cover the skillet with heat for 30 seconds to soften cauliflower. Remove from heat.
6. To serve- fill the bowl with a serving of the CauliRIce and top with a generous topping of guac and squeeze as much lime juice as wanted! Enjoy!
Dr. Veronique Desaulniers (“Dr. V”) is the founder of Breast Cancer Conqueror.com and The 7 Essentials System®. This step-by-step guide empowers you with knowledge so you Never Have to Fear Breast Cancer Again! To watch a FREE webinar about the 7 steps for beating breast cancer naturally, Click Here.