Spicy Sweet Potato and Kale Soup
This Spicy Sweet potato and Kale Soup is packed with anti-cancer benefits, and you know I love a good crockpot meal! Dump in the ingredients in the morning and come home to a warm, hearty meal in the evening.
The sweet and spicy tastes will stir up your taste buds, while the kale, sweet potatoes, garlic, and other ingredients will rev up your body’s natural cancer fighters.
Be a superhero tonight! Make a great meal for everyone with this spicy sweet potato and kale soup and fight cancer at the same time.
- 12oz chicken andouille sausage (or omit for a vegetarian soup), sliced into coins
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 cups fresh rainbow kale, chopped
- Heat up oil in a skillet and add onions, garlic, and sausage if using. Saute until onions are translucent and sausage begins to crisp
- Add cooked onions, sausage, garlic, paprika, cayenne, red pepper flakes, sweet potatoes, broth, salt, and pepper to crock pot and cook on high for 4-6 hours, until the sweet potatoes are soft
- Remove half of the sweet potatoes with some of the broth to a blender and blend, add back into the crockpot
- Add coconut milk, nutritional yeast, and kale and cook on high for another 15-30 minutes until kale is just wilted