This Tuscan chicken dish is zesty, hearty, and a delightful way to eat lycopene!
Sun-dried tomatoes (and regular tomatoes) are loaded with lycopene that supports healthy breasts, prostates, and cells—so make more to share. Garlic also reduces blood pressure and cholesterol and may help prevent dementia.
To further support healthy aging, please review this blog post on including some meat in your diet. Bon Appétit!
- 1 shallot, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 cups spinach
- Place the chicken breasts between a sheet of parchment paper and pound them down until they are even in thickness
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and onion powder
- Heat oil up in a skillet and once hot add chicken breast, you may have to do this in batches
- Cook without turning for 4-5 minutes to create a golden crust, then turn and repeat on the other side. Remove chicken from the skillet
- Add garlic and shallots and cook until fragrant
- Add coconut milk, sundried tomatoes, and basil to the skillet and stir, scraping up any browned pieces from the bottom of the skillet
- Add chicken back into the pan with sauce, cover, and allow to simmer for 10 minutes or so or until chicken is cooked through
- Stir in the spinach and allow to wilt