This simple and zesty stir fry is always a crowd favorite! It is loaded with the anticancer benefits of sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts, and tantalizing spicy flavors are sprinkled into every bite! This is another recipe that I would make in large batches! You will want to have leftovers for lunches, snacks, and dinners throughout the week!
- 1lb organic spicy chicken sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1lb Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Mix sweet potato cubes in a bowl with some of your cooking oil, season with salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread potatoes out on the baking sheet, roast in the oven for 20 minutes
- While the potatoes are roasting toss the Brussels sprouts with a little oil and salt and pepper
- Once the potatoes have roasted, mix the Brussels sprouts on the pan with the potatoes and return to oven for 15 minutes
- While sprouts and potatoes are roasting put sausage into a pan with a little oil and cook until heated through
- Add onions, garlic, and pepper to the pan and continue to cook until onions are turning translucent
- Add in the desired amount of red pepper flakes and mix until fragrant
- Mix in roasted Brussels sprouts and potatoes to the pan, mix well, and enjoy!
- Delicious with a fried egg on top and/or a little dash of hot sauce!