This pesto chicken recipe is so easy! Spaghetti squash is an excellent low-carb substitute for pasta and along with the pesto sauce, this is a truly delicious and healthy dish! Bon Appétit!
- medium sized spaghetti squash
- 1 TBSP oil (I used Avocado)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup Avocado Oil
- 3/4 tsp salt you can adjust to your taste
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1.5 lbs organic boneless skinless chicken breasts – cut into small squares
- sea salt & pepper
- 2 large tomatoes – sliced
- generous pinch Italian seasoning
- generous pinch nutritional yeast**
- generous pinch garlic powder
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Halve squash lengthwise using a sharp knife. Scrape out all of the seeds and brush interior with oil. Place cut side down on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 45 minutes. Once cooled, use a fork to scrape out the strings.
For the Pesto add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until all combined.
Place chicken in a well greased cast iron skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sautee over medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
Add spaghetti squash and pesto to skillet and combine.
Top with 2 tomato slices, Italian seasoning, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder. I also added organic parmesan but you can do without it.
Dr. Veronique Desaulniers (“Dr. V”) is the founder of Breast Cancer Conqueror.com and The 7 Essentials System®. This step-by-step guide empowers you with knowledge so you Never Have to Fear Breast Cancer Again! To watch a FREE webinar about the 7 steps for beating breast cancer naturally, Click Here.
Yummy! I know what’s for dinner tonight. Thank you Dr. V.