This delectable and filling edamame salad is just as well hot or cold! Even better, your eaters that turn their noses to broccoli will be digging into this salad thanks to the combo of ingredients and creamy “peanut” sauce! Broccoli’s high amounts of sulforaphane (a cancer-fighting plant compound) are linked to significantly reduced risks of breast cancer. Cheers to your healthy breast journey!
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 cups shelled edamame (if frozen allow thawing)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
“Peanut” Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/8 tsp toasted sesame oil
- A few drops of stevia
- 2 tbsp warm water, or as needed to thin the sauce
- Steam broccoli florets for about 30 seconds and then remove from heat
- If not already cooked, simmer edamame beans in water for 3 minutes and then strain
- Whisk together all of the peanut sauce ingredients and use water as needed to thin
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and enjoy warm or cold!
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired