You know those little health shots you can buy at the grocery store? Such a gimmick! This tastes so good and is easy to make. I’ve been keeping a mason jar of it in my fridge and sip on it throughout the week. Obviously, blood sugar testing would be important before consuming these health shots on a daily basis.
- 1 pineapple, skinned and chopped into chunks
- 1 large bunch of ginger
- 1 large bunch of turmeric, or 1-2 tbsp of turmeric powder
- 1 large lemon quartered
- 1-2 cups of filtered water (start with 1 cup and add more if needed)
- Dash of black pepper
- Dash of cayenne (optional)
- Add pineapple, ginger, turmeric (unless using turmeric powder), lemon, and water to a blender and blend until liquid. Add more water if needed
- Use a fine mesh strainer and strain the blended mixture into a mason jar or glass container, I usually strain twice
- Add turmeric powder (if using), black pepper, and cayenne to the container and shake or stir to combine.
- Store in a closed container in the fridge, shake before drinking, and enjoy a few ounces a day!
*Caveat: Pineapple is a high glycemic fruit that I would not normally recommend. Test your blood sugar to see if it is causing an issue with you before you ingest it on a daily basis.