It’s time to balk buy BokChoy! This crunchy and delicious vegetable is full of cancer-fighting compounds such as vitamins E and C, beta-carotene, folate, and other powerful antioxidants. BokChoy also contains selenium which can help slow the growth rate of tumors. Savory and tangy, this vegetable stir fry recipe will surely be a hit with the whole family—Choy to the world!
For the Stirfry-
- 2 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1 purple onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp red chili flakes (depending on the spice level you want)
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 6-8 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 baby bok choy, cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
For the Sauce-
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1.5 tbsp coconut aminos
- Juice of 1 lime (more to taste)
- 1/3 – 1/2 tsp red chili flakes (depending on how spicy you want)
- 2 tsp maple syrup or a few drops of stevia
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Adjust to taste.
- Using a large wok or large pan, heat oil and add garlic, red onion, ginger, and chili flakes. Stir fry until fragrant about 2-3 minutes
- Add in carrot, mushroom, and 1/4th of the stir fry sauce. Cook until carrot is just beaming tender
- Add in broccoli, red bell pepper, Bok Choy, and the rest of the stir fry sauce. This is designed to be a saucy stir fry so it is ok if there is some extra sauce. Stir fry until vegetables are tender but still crisp
- Top with fresh basil. Delicious served on its own or as a side!
This looks and sounds good! I’ll try it, thank you!
Great to hear!