Have your cake and eat it too! I never really understood that phrase either, but I do know that you can enjoy a delicious cake and have it fill you with cancer-fighting antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins! Warm and delight your soul with something yummy and healthy this winter that will be a crowd-pleaser with family and friends!
- 4 cups finely grated zucchini
- 8 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 20 drops stevia (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 2/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (I used Lily’s)
- 6×9 baking dish (this also works very well as muffins if you use a muffin pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grate zucchini and lay on a paper towel, use another paper towel to get as much water out of zucchini as possible
- Grease your baking pan with coconut oil along the bottom and sides. Dust the sides with coconut flour.
- In a food processor blend the zucchini, eggs, oil, stevia, and vanilla.
- Hand mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Mix until there are no clumps.
- Combine the wet zucchini mixture with the dry mixture in the bowl and hand stir to blend. Mix in chocolate chips and allow mixture to sit for a few minutes.
- Pour the batter in prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Allow cooling before slicing. Store covered in the refrigerator.