Conventional medicine treats Breast Cancer in the only way that it knows how: by cutting out visible tumors and dousing the rest of the body with toxic chemotherapy drugs or radiation in an attempt to kill the rest of the cancer cells before they spread.
If you have had conventional treatment for breast cancer or have had a consultation, more than likely your doctor did not discuss with you the presence of Breast Cancer stem cells, what they are and how they can affect you.
If they did, they would have to admit that, although the visible Breast Cancer tumor may shrink or even appear to “die” with conventional treatment, the Breast Cancer Stem Cells that are within the shriveled tumor have the ability to reproduce again. According to the cancer stem cell theory, Breast Cancer Stem Cells can be responsible for a relapse even after all “observable” signs of tumor are gone.
What Are Breast Cancer Stems Cells (BCSC)?
Healthy stem cells are important, even vital, for your health. These regenerative powerhouses carry the potential to develop into different kinds of cells. They are blank slates and as such they can serve as a sort of “internal repair system,” especially during early life and periods of intense growth. Healthy stem cells have the ability to divide without limit and to replenish other cells as needed. What’s more, each new stem cell has the potential to either stay a stem cell or become another type of cell with a specialized function such as muscle cells or brain cells.
While the attributes of healthy stem cells are essential, when they become cancer stem cells, they can turn deadly.
BCSC’s can change into other types of cancer cells, sometimes after long periods of inactivity. They have been known to be highly tumorigenic (prolific at growing new tumors) and are also known to spread to other parts of the body. In fact, research is now showing that traditional chemotherapy may increase tumor growth by actually increasing the number of BCSCs in the long run. When regular Breast Cancer cells are poisoned and radiated, some of these cells can reprogram themselves to turn into unstoppable Breast Cancer Stem Cells.
“Shrinking a cancerous tumor may offer temporary relief….but it will not offer a long-term cure if the Cancer Stem Cells are not eliminated,” say researchers at Stanford School of Medicine.
What You Can Do
By now you are probably thinking that this is indeed a dire situation, maybe even a hopeless one. Not so!
Did you know that there are substances in nature whose job it is to hunt out and eradicate cancer stem cells?
Here are a few proven natural elements that can kill BCSCs while leaving healthy cells untouched:
- Sulforaphane from Broccoli Sprouts has been shown to inhibit BCSC, without any toxic side effects. You can purchase Brocco Power in my store here.
- Several studies have shown that combination curcumin, derived from the Indian spice turmeric, and peperine (from black pepper) can eliminate BCSCs;
- Ginger contains a chemical called 6-shogaol, which targets and kills cancer stem cells;
- Fermented soy products that are grown in controlled environments, such as Haelan, have concentrated amounts of genistein. Genistein promotes apoptosis (cell death) of regular Breast Cancer cells while at the same time directly inhibiting BCSC production;
- The skin of red grapes and blueberries contains Resveratrol, a natural plant compound that significantly suppresses the growth of BCSC. Resveratrol can also be found in red wine and dark chocolate;
I continue to be awed and amazed at the myriad of ways that evidence-based natural medicine can heal our bodies and eliminate dangerous elements without any negative side effects whatsoever.
An easy way to monitor and measure those Breast Cancer Stem Cells is through a test called the Breast Oncotrail, from the RGCC Cancer research lab in Greece. To learn more about this test, read this post.
When it comes to preventing and healing Breast Cancer, why would you want to do anything but work with the gentle powerfully effective processes that nature provides?