Many of the women I have supported in the last 40+ years had one common issue: Toxic Amalgams.
About 9 out of 10 of my patients have adverse effects on their health due to dental toxicities!!
If you truly want to heal your body, you MUST address your dental issues. This is because a direct meridian goes from your mouth to your breast and other organs. In other words, your organs are connected to your teeth through the acupuncture meridian system. A mouth full of mercury and metals from past fillings and root canals could be one of the root causes of your breast cancer diagnosis. Mercury is considered the most toxic element on the planet, so even the smallest amounts can wreak havoc on your body.
If you have “silver” fillings or crowns, they may contain about 50% mercury, according to the FDA. In fact, dental offices account for 35 – 57% of mercury consumption in the U.S. Many countries in Europe have completely banned the use of mercury amalgams. Others have banned children and pregnant women from receiving them. This is because every time you chew your food, brush your teeth, or eat or drink something warm—methyl mercury vapors are released in your mouth and absorbed into your bloodstream and eventually your body and breasts. For a daunting visual explanation, please watch this video by Dr. Kennedy, DDS., called Smoking Teeth. You will see mercury vapor being released from an old 25 year old filling.
Essential #5: Embrace Biological Dentistry
Your teeth are an intricate part of your body. Therefore, whatever is drilled and stuffed into your teeth and gums must be safe and non-toxic. For these reasons, I dedicated Essential #5, Embrace Biological Dentistry, to help you understand the dental-body connection. I have repeatedly seen clients who neglect their oral health stay stuck in their healing journey. But once the dental issues are properly resolved, lab tests and scans greatly improve.
To learn more about safely detoxing from amalgam removal, please review this blog post. You can order the Dental Bundle here. You can also buy a lime-flavored powder version of MCP here or MCP capsules here.
Biological Or Holistic Dentistry
According to the International Academy of Biological Dentistry & Medicine (IABDM), “A biological dentist understands that the mouth and body are connected and that illness or disease that occurs inside the body is reflected orally and vice versa.” Don’t be fooled by the term “holistic” dentist. You want to make sure that your Biological Dentist is the real deal and has been certified in the process of safely removing amalgams. Biological Dentists understand that factors like stress, diet, and sleep patterns have a direct impact on oral inflammation and disease. Biological Dentists are trained to use safe, durable, non-toxic bio-compatible dental materials for cleanings and treatments.
Like traditional dentists, all Biological Dentists have gone to dental school and have a DDS or DMD degree. They also offer similar services, such as cavity fillings, annual cleanings, and treatment for periodontal disease using lasers, ozones, and non toxic substances.
The SMART Method
Biological dentists are well known for using the SMART (Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique) method for removing mercury and providing non-toxic teeth whitening treatments.
To learn more about SMART removals, please check out the following resources:
- Listen to my podcast episode with the brilliant Dr. Stuart Nannually in Austin, Texas. He did my cavitation surgery back in 2017.
- Learn more on the International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology (IAOMT) website.
- Watch this video from IAOMT.
- Review this blog post about amalgam removal.
My Biological Dentistry Story
In 1991, I was fortunate to find a biological dentist who was trained by Dr. Hal Huggins, a pioneer in the field of safe dental practices. He carefully removed 16 amalgams from my teeth and replaced them with biocompatible materials that were confirmed by a serum combability blood test. As I went through my first healing journey in 2004-2006, I discovered I had a cavitation on the lower left tooth (#21) that had been improperly extracted as a child. That tooth corresponds with the left breast meridian. At the time, I had it treated with local antibiotics because I did not know about ozone and laser therapy yet.
During my second healing journey in 2017, I had a CD panoramic x-ray of my mouth to examine my dental health. Surprisingly, I now had 4 more cavitations that were never addressed. I also had a problem with “root resorption” on one of my top left teeth (#14), which also sat on the left breast meridian. Root resorption is a rare autoimmune issue in which the immune system attacks the tooth and “eats” it from the inside out. Thanks to the expertise of my biological dentist Dr. Nunnally, the cavitations are now clear and healthy—and so am I! Clearly, my dental issues were a contributing factor in the recurrence. Your dental care is not a “one and done” issue. You must be vigilant; working with a biological dentist will keep you in tip-top shape.
8 Questions To Ask A Biological Dentist
These questions will help you evaluate if the dentist truly understands and practices biological dentistry.
- Do you believe amalgams are toxic and create a biological hazard to the body?
- How do you feel about the relationship between amalgams and various diseases?
- When you remove amalgams, do you use an amalgameter to test the electrical charge on the tooth to see which quadrant needs primary attention?
- Do you offer a serum compatibility blood test to determine what materials will not create an allergic reaction when you replace the amalgams?
- Do you believe there is a tooth-organ relationship through the acupuncture meridian system? In other words, do you think a toxic tooth could affect a particular organ?
- When you remove and replace amalgams, do you use special mercury vapor filters? Do you use a rubber dam to protect my mouth from pieces of amalgam being removed? Will you give me a Vitamin C IV and Ozone Therapy during the removal?
- Do you belong to a professional organization that supports biological or mercury-free dentistry? What kind of training have you had and when?
- Have you trained in the SMART (Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique) method?
You will always be the best advocate for your health. Never be afraid to ask questions—and then ask some more!
Navigating a healthy breast journey can be totally overwhelming. This is why I created the Breast Cancer Conqueror Coaching Program. Instead of trying to figure everything out on your own and possibly overlooking a few key details, you will be paired with a highly-trained 7 Essentials coach to guide you through all aspects of your unique journey. Never fear breast cancer again!