Disclaimer: Always check with your primary care physician before adding any type of therapy or lifestyle change.
If you are feeling tired and toxic, it could mean your body needs help with detoxing.
We live in a highly toxic world—from chemicals in tap water and beauty products and women’s products to even your dental care. Our bodies often can’t handle flushing out all the toxins on their own, so detoxing with coffee enemas can provide much-needed drainage and prevent serious illnesses. Parasites, constipation, liver dysfunction, candida, viruses, IBS, yeast infections, low energy, brain fog, etc., are just a few of the ways your body is telling you it needs help detoxing.
What Are Coffee Enemas?
Coffee enemas are a natural detoxification tool that has been used since the late 1800s. However, they truly gained recognition in the 1930s when Dr. Max Gerson integrated coffee enemas into a method he developed to support healing from cancer. If you are curious about Gerson Therapy, please check out my podcast episode: Using the Advanced Gerson Therapy to Reverse the Breakdown of Human Health. Besides supporting cancer healing, regular coffee enemas speed up detoxification, support digestive and gut health, boost energy and mood, improve the post-surgery healing process, etc. In summary, coffee enemas support your body’s natural ability to detox so that it can work at optimal levels.
I regularly do coffee enemas, and countless women in the Breast Cancer Conqueror community say they have been key to their healing journeys. Coffee enemas are inexpensive and can happen in the privacy of your bathroom.
Here is how it works:
While the coffee sits in the bowels, it is absorbed into the bloodstream through the interstitial wall and your liver’s portal vein. The caffeine and other phytonutrients enter the liver through the “back door” so to speak, stimulate your gall bladder to release more bile and help flush out the liver. Coffee enemas have a profound detoxification effect since blood flows through the liver every 3 minutes. This is why an enema with specialized organic coffee is part of many well-known natural cancer healing and wellness protocols.
Aside from its effect on the liver, coffee enemas also provide the body with phytochemicals—kahweol and cafestol. This study found that kahweol has anti-inflammatory properties and can stop the growth of early tumors by restricting their blood flow. Both phytochemicals have been shown to stimulate phase II detoxifying and antioxidant enzymes. Kahweol and cafestol also decrease the activity of enzymes that promote cancer cell growth. Thus, they may help prevent carcinogenesis, the transformation of normal cells to cancer cells. Please learn more about the process via this study. These both activate glutathione (a powerful antioxidant) and cellular detoxification, critical for preventing cellular breakdown—the root cause of most dis-eases, including cancer.
Dr. V’s Coffee Enema Tips
- Drink plenty of water before and afterward to aid in the detoxification and avoid dehydration.
- Relax your body before doing the enema. Meditation, candles, music, and visualization can help before and during the enema.
- NEVER USE TAP WATER. Only use fresh, chemical-free/filtered water. You don’t want more toxins going into your body. Learn about how toxic tap water is via this blog post.
- Only use ORGANIC COFFEE. Again, you don’t want to add pesticides into your body, so make sure your beans are organic. I use SA Wilson as it is a blonde coffee loaded with phytonutrients to assist in detoxification.
- Use a stainless steel coffee enema bucket due to its non-toxicity and sterilization and cleaning ability. You can buy these on Amazon, along with complete coffee enema kits. Glass buckets are also available, but I worry about the possibility of breakage.
- Do NOT buy enema bags, as most are not BPA-free.
- Use my folded paper towel trick. This slightly tips the bucket so you can get the most out of your enema and know when it’s all gone.
- As mentioned in the disclaimer above, if you are actively in treatment, please consult your medical team before doing a coffee enema.
The Step-By-Step Guide To Doing A Coffee Enema
Doing anything new can be overwhelming and messy at first. This is especially true for coffee enemas. However, after a few times, it will easily become part of your weekly healthy breast routine. To provide some guidance, please follow these steps. If you have additional questions or concerns, please get in touch with us.
Prepare the coffee:
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil and add 3 Tablespoons of coffee, and simmer for 20 minutes. If this is your first time, I’d start with 1 tablespoon of coffee to see how your body reacts.
- Strain the coffee through the sieve and pour it into a one-quart glass jar.
- Let it cool overnight or for several hours.
- Pour the mixture into a stainless steel bucket.
Move into your bathroom (or wherever you feel most comfortable doing your enema):
- Lubricate the tip of your enema tubing with coconut oil and gently insert it into your rectum, while you lay on your left side. Release the clamp, and let the liquid slowly flow in.
- Retain the liquid for 15-20 minutes.
- Go to the bathroom afterward or when you have the urge. If you could not retain the 4 cups, simply release on the toilet and start the process over until you have emptied the bucket.
- Thoroughly wash all tools with soap, water, and a sanitize the tip, tubing, and bucket with isopropyl alcohol. Make sure everything dries completely.
- You did it!
The best way to reduce your toxic exposure is to do exactly that—stay away from toxic products, foods, and water. YOU have the power to choose what goes into your body, and a few little switches can make all the difference in the success of your healing. Here are some blogs on how you can strategically navigate our toxic world:
- Use nontoxic female products. Click here for a list of reasons and solutions.
- Cook with nontoxic cookware and stay far away from microwaves. Click here to uncover why and the products that I suggest.
- Use nontoxic dental products. Click here to learn why and the products that I use.
- Use naturally made beauty products. You will be shocked by the dangerous toxins that get directly absorbed into your bloodstream. Click here to learn more and discover my favorite beauty brands.
- NEVER drink tap water. Click here to discover why and easy solutions.
If you need to detox from heavy metals (which most people do), I suggest trying some of the therapies below. However, please always talk to your medical team to find the best therapy for your unique healing journey.
- Sauna: Sweat it out! Learn how the sauna is a great way to remove toxins and boost your immune system via this blog post.
- Modified Citrus Pectin: Click here to learn about detoxing and stopping cancer with MCP.
- Mercury Amalgam Removal: Click here to learn why you should remove toxic mercury fillings in your mouth and a few ways to detox after the procedure.
Go on and take charge of your health and healing! Happy detoxing!
Author: Dr. Veronique Desaulniers, better known as Dr. V, is a Doctor of Chiropractic & has 44 years of experience in the wellness industry. For personalized support, please partner with a trained Breast Cancer Conqueror Coach.